Sunday, August 19, 2012

Mas Libros.

I just wanted to show you folks what we hauled in last Saturday after a free food drive. Words cannot begin to describe how much hatred I had for prep work but once it was done, I was eager to begin cooking. I steamed the Brussels sprouts in bamboo trays and tossed them with EVOO, sea salt (available at your dollar store!), and Malabar peppercorns. Included in the haul are many pounds of apricots and cherries with which Jordan and I are going to undertake fermenting into wine. She picked up some food grade plastic buckets and grommets to fit airlocks into the lid. We'll document that process shortly.

Swiss chard, pineapple, cauliflower florets, red and green romaines, avocados, eggplants, Brussels sprouts, green onions, limes, okra, radishes, collards, poblano chillis, red bells, 1.5 gallons of whole milk, mangoes, raspberries, and boxes of cherries and apricots. Whew!

Stay tuned!

1 comment: